- 21 students
- 49 lessons
- 0 quizzes
- 0 week duration
This is Parenting Way’s new Online Parent Education Course. The self study curriculum can be completed on your own, however, there is a place you can request additional information or ask questions from a qualified Parent Education Instructor. We ask that you complete each quiz at the end of each class number. Your work does not need to be submitted for evaluation and does not have a required completion percentage. Work through the course material and select the complete button in order to acknowledge that you have completed the course work for each lesson. You must also do the pre and post outcome evaluation. You will receive your Certificate of Completion and Achievement by email. This self study is designed to provoke the positive thinking and skills to be a productive parent in our community. At this time we are offering the class at no cost, to help parents while they are at home and while we cannot hold in-person parenting classes through the duration of the COVID19 Pandemic and Crisis in our country and throughout the world.
If you would like to donate to Parenting Way, you may do so by clicking the Online Donate button.
All information is completely confidential and will only be released if you need confirmation for any legal entity. You must acknowledge this and give your authorization prior to beginning your coursework.
We are so glad to have you with us and are with you through every step of your parenting challenges and parenting successes!
Please tell us more about you
PARENTING GOALS, RESOURCES & INTRODUCTION TO CHILD PROTECTION LAWS
This class will explain current Child Protection Laws in Iowa, will offer resources and contact information for programs in your community and will give participant san opportunity to look at their Parenting Goals and how this benefits their family.
ACEs & TRAUMA
This class will introduce Adverse Childhood Experiences and how factors of past trauma can affect our lives today.
KEEPING YOUR CHILD SAFE FROM PREDATORS
This class will show you how to Protect Your Child from people and situations that may be harmful. You will learn how to watch for signs of distress in your child that may indicate an act of molestation. You will identity and watch for typical behaviors of children that may have been abused or are in an abusive situation with a predator. We will also discuss Myths and Misconceptions about Child Molestation.
- Eight Ways to Protect Your Child from Sexual Predators
- Warning Signs of Child Molestation
- Warning Signs of Child Sexual Abuse by Age
- Other Emotional, Behavioral, Psychosocial Indicators of Sexual Abuse in Children
- Physical Warning Signs of Child Sexual Abuse
- What is Appropriate Sexual Behavior in Children?
- Signs That an Adult May Be Sexually Abusing Your Child
- Common Myths About Child Molestation
In this class you will learn both the Myths and the Realities of Domestic Violence. You will learn to identify those Dangerous Behaviors that will signal a Warning to you and your family. Most important you will gain insight on the Effects of Domestic Violence on Children and the long-time results and consequences of living in a violent and uncertain situation.
DISCIPLINE WITHOUT HARM
Discipline means to instruct knowledge and skill – to teach.
FAMILY RESOURCES & FAMILY INVOLVEMENT
One of the most important things you can do as a Parent to help your Family and Children is to understand the meaning of family and having the resources you need readily available when faced with a crisis, an everyday challenge or something you cannot effectively plan for on a usual basis. Having resources “at your fingertips” can save valuable time in reacting to a situation or problem and will give you confidence as a parent that you will do your best in bringing resolutions to the conflict.
COMMUNICATION & PROBLEM SOLVING
This class will teach you the importance of good communication, why it is so important and how to communicate effectively with your children and family. You will also learn how to communicate when you are in conflict with your child or others, how to avoid being negative, and ways you communicate non-verbally. You will learn to problem solve towards appropriate resolutions.
- #7 Communication and Problem Solving | Part 0 – Table of Contents
- #7 Communication and Problem Solving | Part 1 – What is Communication?
- #7 Communication and Problem Solving | Part 2 – Why is Communication important?
- #7 Communication and Problem Solving | Part 3 – Ways to Communicate with your Child
- #7 Communication and Problem Solving | Part 4 – Communicating During Conflict
- #7 Communication and Problem Solving | Part 5 – How to Avoid Negative Communication
- #7 Communication and Problem Solving | Part 5-2 ROLEPLAY excercise – How to Avoid Negative Communication
- #7 Communication and Problem Solving | Part 5-3 – How to Avoid Negative Communication
- #7 Communication and Problem Solving | Part 6 – Non-verbal Communication
- #7 Communication and Problem Solving | Part 7 – Problem Solving
- #7 Communication and Problem Solving | Part 8 – Worksheet
IDENTIFYING YOUR STRESSORS
In this class you will learn the definition of stress and how you can manage your stress. You will also learn how stress affects your children and how you, as their parent, can help them though stressful times in their lives.
IDENTIFYING YOUR STRENGTHS
In this class you will learn how to identify your strengths, how to discover your family strengths and how to build on these strengths for family stability.
UNCONDITIONAL LOVE & BONDING
In this class you will learn about Unconditional Love and how to demonstrate this to your children. You will also learn the concept of bonding, why it is so important and the best ways to bond with your child.
0.00 average based on 0 ratings